Deep Port Projects in Myanmar
There are potential areas to be developed as Deep Sea Ports –
- Dawei Special Economic Zone together with Deep Sea Port at Tanintharyi Region in the South Coast.
- Kyaukpyu Deep Sea Port at Rakhine State in the West Coast
- Kalagauk Deep Sea Port, between Mawlamyine and Ye region at the South Coast.
- Westport Deep Sea Port at Ngayoke Bay, Ayeyarwaddy Region
Dawei Deep Sea Port Project
Location – Lies at Nabule Area, North-west of Dawei City
Prosperity – Dawei Area as a hub connecting to GMS, South and South East Asia countries. Industry, Tourism, Fisheries, Mining and Energy
Kyaukpyu Deep Sea Port Project
Location – Made Island., 11.2 km SE of Kyaukphu
- Most appropriate approach to cope western corridor.
- Save sailing distance about 5000 km compare with existing sea route through Malacca Strait to China East Coast.
- Main Outlet of ocean route for land locked regions’ trade.
- Opportunity for transporting of container, General Cargoes, Crude Oil and Gas.
- Shortest trade route from India to China