Yangon SkyWay Train Project
- Yangon is the most densely populated city in Myanmar. The population over 5 mln people. Yangon is the economic, educational, cultural and tourist centre of the country. Yangon is the main transport hub.
- The current state of Yangon infrastructure – lack of public transport, low travel speed and insufficient level of comfort hampers the city development.
Current State of Yangon Circular Railway
- 150,000 passengers per day, 20 km/h.
- headway – 1 hour
Yangon Skyway Track
- up to 3.6 passengers per day, up to 150 km/h.
- headway – 30 seconds
Skyway Compared to Other Means of Transport
- Construction and operating cost – x 2 lower compared to railway transport.
- Speed of track construction – up to 1 km/day
- Motion speed at SkyWay tracks – up to 500 km/h
- Rolling stock capacity – up to 500 passengers per train
- Transport system performance – up to 50,000 passengers in the rush hour and more.
- Maximum gradient – 60%
- Reduced cost of tracks construction and operation
- Increased average speed of passenger and cargo transportation
- Reduced energy consumption
- Elimination of traffic congestion in big cities
- Development of hard-to-reach territories and mineral deposits
- Decreased areas of land acquistition for tracks construction
Yangon Skyway Project
General view of the tracks and stations
Rolling Stock – Unibus U4 – 210
SkyWay tracks from Yangon to:
- Hanthawaddy International Airport
- Thilawa Special Economic Zone
Special rolling stock (unicar) for the Hanthawaddy Airport track
- The company has adopted the Quality policy: the work towards the QMS certification according to the international standard ISO 9001-2015 is being carried out.
- At present, the SkyWay rolling stock is passing the stage of certification at the “Scientific and technical Center under the Research Institute of Gorelectrotransport” (Moscow).
- The compliance of the transport overpass with the established requirements for construction facilities should be confirmed for each project.
Additional Benefits for Yangon
- Improved quality of life for people
- Reduction of harmful emissions into the atmosphere
- Elimination of public transport accidents
- Growth of tourist flow
- Employment generation
- Growth of economic potential and investment attractiveness
Additional Benefits for Investors
- High investment attractiveness of the project
- High rates of return on invested capital
- Amount of investment will be much lower compared to other infrastructure projects
- After the successful project implementation it is possible to invest in other SkyWay projects in Myanmar and other countries.